The Innjoo 3 which was released towards the end of last year was a big hit in the market, thanks to its mouth-watering specs like 4GB of RAM, a 21MP rear snapper and USB Type-C port with support for fast charging. Now, Innjoo Mobile has launched a successor, the Innjoo 4 with beefed up specs and a revamped design. You’re about to be wowed.
The Innjoo 4 was first showcased at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona earlier in February, and now the smartphone has been officially launched and available for sale in Kenya. The Innjoo 4 features upgrades in aspects that matter, but the photography section has been downgraded a bit for reasons best known to the company.
Innjoo 4 Review
The Innjoo 4 launches with the latest version of Android, Android 7.0 Nougat, giving you the latest in terms of software. Thus, the Innjoo 4 joins the Halo 3 as in the list of Innjoo smartphones running the latest version of Android out of the box. It’s a pity that Innjoo still doesn’t have a custom UI for its smartphones, like Infinix’s XOS and Tecno’s HiOS.
Design & Display
The Innjoo 4 comes with a 5.5-inch display like its predecessor, and the same Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. The design of the Innjoo 4 is a bit different from that of the Innjoo 3, but it still looks great and designed to fit snugly into the hands. The phone is thicker than its predecessor because of its higher battery capacity.
Memory & Performance
The Innjoo 4 is powered by a deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with a clock speed of 2.3GHz, thereby becoming the first Innjoo smartphone to use a processor from the MediaTek Helio series of chipsets.
The smartphone comes in 6GB and 4GB RAM versions (it’s the first Innjoo smartphone with 6GB of RAM), both of which come with 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB via an external SD card.
The Innjoo 4 comes with a 16MP rear camera with a Dual-tone LED flash and a 5MP front camera, both inferior to the Innjoo 3’s 21MP rear and 8MP front cameras. I don’t know exactly why the company decided to do this, but my best guess is that this was done so that the phone wouldn’t be too expensive, considering its other high-end specs.
The smartphone packs a 3400mAh battery, a considerable upgrade from the 3000mAh in the Innjoo 3. I believe this would be enough to last the phone for more than half a day, what with the battery optimisations in Nougat and its better Helio chipset.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Innjoo 4 comes with hybrid dual micro+nano SIM slot, meaning you get to choose between using a second Nano SIM or an external SD card. The phone supports 4G LTE networks.
Innjoo 4 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE.
- Network Speed:
- Up to 100kpbs downloads speeds on 2G networks.
- Up to 142.57mpbs downloads speeds on 4G LTE networks.
- SIM Type: Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- SIM Count: Hybrid SIM
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: –
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 155.50 * 69.78 * 8.90 mm.
- Weight: 165g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: –
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Protection: n/a
- Colours: Gold, Black & Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio X20.
- Processor Speed: 2.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Deca-core.
- Graphics Processor: 830MHz Mali-T880 MP4.
- RAM: 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Compass.
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 2160p.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, PDAF.
- Lens: 8MP.
- LED Flash: No.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: Autofocus.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes, Stereo.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3400mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: February 2017.
- Availability: April 2017.
How much is Innjoo 4 in Nigeria?
The Innjoo 4 has just been launched in Kenya, and we expect that it will be available later in April or in May. The smartphone is expected to cost between N100,000 and N120,000 in Nigeria.