Gionee has launched the Gionee S10, a high-end smartphone in its Gionee S series which caters to its selfie-loving customers. The Gionee S10 was certified by China’s certification site TENAA towards the end of last month with some of its specs revealed.
Two other phones, the Gionee S10B and S10C were also launched alongside the S10 in the same series. They also offer exciting options for lovers of selfies.
Gionee S10 Review
The Gionee S10 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat which is the latest version of the Android OS most readily available. Version 4.0 of Gionee’s Amigo OS is layered on top it to make the UI experience more memorable for the phone’s users.
Design & Display
The Gionee S10 has a 5.5-inch LTPS display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution and 2.5D curved glass. It has a metal unibody design and follows the design language of members of the series.
Memory & Performance
The S10 runs lag-free with the aid of an octa-core MediaTek Helio P25 processor that can clock speeds up to 2.5 GigaHertz, while a Mali T880 GPU handles its graphics processes.
It comes with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
The Gionee S10 sports dual camera setups on both the rear and on the front. The one at the front with a 20MP primary camera and 8MP secondary camera surpasses the rear camera setup which consists of a 16MP primary camera and 8MP front camera.
The smartphone packs a 3450mAh battery which does well to get you through a day on average use. This allows you to enjoy the amazing features of the S10 for long before you have to plug it into a socket.
Connectivity & Hardware
The Gionee S10 features a physical home button at the front of the phone, below the display, which has a built-in fingerprint scanner and allows you to unlock the phone securely and without hassles.
It has a dual Nano-SIM slot with support for a useful handful of 4G LTE bands. It also supports USB OTG which makes it possible for you to transfer files seamlessly.
Gionee S10 Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- User Interface: Amigo OS 4.0.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 155 * 76.8 * 7.4 mm.
- Weight: 178g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Pixel resolution: ~401 ppi pixel density
- Display Technology: LTPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Colours: Cherry Gold, Dark Black, Indigo Blue, Primrose Green.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P25.
- Processor Speed: 2.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T880 MP2.
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Compass.
- Lens: 16MP + 8MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Properties: f/2.0 aperture, Autofocus.
- Lens: 20MP + 8MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3450mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: No.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: May 26, 2017.
- Availability: May 2017.
How much is Gionee S10 in China & India?
The Gionee S10 costs 2599 Yuan in China which is equivalent to Rs. 24,404 in India. It comes in Cherry Gold, Primrose Green, Dark Black and Indigo Blue.